Forums » Introduce Yourself

Like the Stones Said, Let Me Please Introduce Myself

• 2 posts
    September 11, 2015 10:38 AM PDT

Hello fellow writers! I am a fre­elance wri­ter, journ­alist and ­historian ­from St. L­ouis, MO. My short­ story fic­tion and p­oetry has ­appeared i­n various ­online and­ print mag­azines, in­cluding Sa­cred Twili­ght Magazi­ne, The St­oryteller,­ The Stray­ Branch, M­idwest Lit­erary Maga­zine and S­ci Phi Jou­rnal. In 2014, I sel­f-publishe­d my perso­nal narrat­ive, Echoe­s From An ­Unexamined­ Life, which you can check out by using the links on my blog - http://sassafrasgazette.blogspot.com/p/my-books.html Thanks, and have good day!

• 4 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:11 AM PDT

What made you decide to become an Author?

• 2 posts
    November 21, 2015 9:45 AM PST

Hi Ana, thanks for the question! I actually have been writing since elementary school, when I entered a school-wide writing competition. That is when the bug was planted. Having degrees in history and as a journalist, I also have been writing for many years - albeit, mostly articles/columns and research papers. Not until after graduate school, though, did I really get into the writing process after taking a few prose writing classes. Ever since, I have been writing poetry and short stories. Also, growing up in St. Louis I have admired some of the all-time greats from the area - T.S. Eliot, Maya Angelou, Eugene Field, William S. Burroughs, Tennessee Williams, who was raised here, and Mark Twain, who grew up not too far away in Hannibal. St. Louis and the surrounding regions has a rich history and tradition of breeding talented writers, and that alone is inspiring to want to be a part of it no matter how small my contribution.