Forums » Introduce Yourself

Hello from the Carolina Heartland

• 2 posts
    March 28, 2018 11:31 AM PDT

Hi All,

I'm pleased to be a new member of this community. So many great resources on this site, including all of you member writers with a whole lot of knowledge and experience under your belts. As for me, I'm a debut young adult novelist. My book, No Sad Songs, was just released by Fish Out of Water Books in late February and I've been blown away so far by the reviews and the feedback I've been receiving ever since. It's about a high school senior whose parents are ripped from him in a tragic accident and he's immediately thrust into the role of caregiver for his ailing grandfather, a WWII Vet in the latter stages of Alzheimer's. I know, it sounds kind of heart-wrenching, but it's also a story intended to remind people about the importance of friendship, laughter, and the ability to remember our loved ones in their best moments instead of their worst. I hope you'll pick up a copy and enjoy it. Maybe tell all your friends and whatnot. ; )

On a personal note, I'm a veteran middle school teacher from the Greensboro, NC area who loves dogs and cats simultaneously. When I'm not writing or teaching, I'm probably on the ice playing hockey or tossing around a baseball on some run-down ball field in the middle of the cornfields. I'd love to connect on social media if you're interested:

Twitter: @frankmoewriter

Facebook: www.facebook.com/frank.morelli.96343

Instagram: www.instagram.com/frankmorelliauthor/

Author Site: frankmorelliwrites.com

Cheers,

Frank